Indigo Gender Service provides NHS care and we are committed to following the Accessible Information Standard.
The standard sets out a specific, consistent approach to identifying, recording, flagging, sharing and meeting the information and communication support needs of patients, service users, carers and parents with a disability, impairment or sensory loss.
We are committed to complying with the Accessible Information Standard and meeting the five requirements.
- ask people if they have any information or communication needs and how to meet these;
- record those needs clearly and in a set way;
- highlight or flag the person’s file or notes so it is clear they have communication needs and how to meet these needs;
- share information about people’s communication needs with other service providers of NHS and adult social care when they have consent or permission to do so;
- take steps to make sure people receive information, which they can access, understand and receive communication support if they need it.
We are committed to putting patients at the centre of our services. This includes collecting and using patients’ views and experiences, and making sure that they can access the information they need to make good choices about their care. We want to make sure that everyone can access and understand the information we provide, and patients can communicate with us in ways that meet their needs.
For queries and/or to request information in a different format, please email email@example.com