We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, faith or religion, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or trans status.
All appointments will be based on merit alone.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of Indigo Gender Service! Your key role will be to provide psychological therapy treatment and mental wellbeing support for trans, non-binary and gender variant people, as well as carrying out associated administrative duties.
Indigo Gender Service is setting the national standard for a pioneering, localised and person centred primary care led partnership that collaborates with trans, non-binary and gender variant people to reach their full potential.
Your key role will be to provide psychological therapy treatment and mental wellbeing support for trans, non-binary and gender variant people, as well as carrying out associated administrative duties. You will work closely with other members of Indigo Gender Service, such as Care Navigators, to deliver on the core responsibilities of the Greater Manchester trans health service specification. You will have good knowledge of holistic care interventions in a trans health setting and robust experience of supporting trans and gender non-conforming people as a therapist.
This role is working for a service specifically designed by and for trans and non-binary communities. As such. we believe lived experience of being trans and/or non-binary, and having experienced NHS gender transition services, will be hugely valuable. Whoever we employ for this role will need to demonstrate a deep cultural understanding of the needs and experiences of trans and non-binary people.
- To provide interventions to clients presenting with multiple and complex personal difficulties including those arising from mild to moderate mental health difficulties, based on accurate understanding and utilising a conceptual framework of the client’s difficulties.
- Exercise sound theoretical knowledge of the processes of counselling based on evidence of efficacy, with robust knowledge of working with trans and non-binary people
- Undergo supervision, from a nominated Clinical Psychologist/Supervisor, in line with BACP requirements.
- Work with relevant colleagues to increase awareness of the service, supporting the development of psychoeducational resource materials and updating service information on Indigo Gender Service online portal.
We are taking positive action to encourage applications from people of colour (PoC) and other racially minoritised communities, trans, non-binary and/or older people (aged 50+), to improve the representation of colleagues from these communities in our staff team.
* Trans is an umbrella & inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from that which they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
Salary: £27,123 (Plus 10% Pension)
Special Terms: Full time, fixed-term until 30th November 2022
Reporting to: Lead Indigo Therapist
In your application form, please answer the questions based upon your knowledge, understanding and experience so we can shortlist and evaluate whether you are the right person for this role. You can choose to answer these in a video OR audio format (nothing fancy, just using your phone is fine).
For more information about this role and all recruitment documents, click here.